Friday, October 22, 2010

1st Anniversary

I made my very first batch of cupcakes (ever!) a year ago today. I remember being really nervous and going through the recipe repeatedly before taking the final plunge. It was 9pm when I got home and started baking, and it was 2am by the time I finished putting the kitchen back to order (phew).

What made it all the more special was that it was my brother's birthday and I wanted to do something special (plus I couldn't think of what to buy, but shhh.. don't tell him that). Here's a picture of the cupcakes which started everything.. these are Lemon Cream Cupcakes.

they weren't the prettiest things, but they sure were scrummy!
oh, and if you're wondering.. he got an Almond Cake this year :)

Happy Birthday, dear brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment